During last year’s Capital Campaign, it was agreed that regular status reports would be provided to the congregation. While verbal reports were shared at the Quarterly Business Meetings held in February and May, the Deacons thought it would be helpful to submit a written summary for circulation to the membership.
Through the capital campaign fund and the capital improvement fund, we have accomplished several major goals.
Going back two years:
· installed new light post fixtures and exterior wall sconces in front of sanctuary
· replaced all the bad underground wiring by boring under driveway and running new electrical service from panel – this is dedicated service just to these units
· replaced and rewired all the lighting on the portico
· installed new fixtures on light poles in the west parking lot
· new wheelchair ramp at the chapel and kitchen entrance
· painted steeple and replaced a large quantity of damaged trim work
· replaced 200,000 BTU compressor for chiller which controls sanctuary air
· replaced two air units in the chapel
· replaced the stoop of the exterior door in courtyard
· replaced a number of toilets throughout the facility
· removed courtyard tree, which relieved stress on building
· repaired archway in sanctuary
· installed gutter guard and down spouts
Keep in mind that the work in creating the prayer garden and the refurbishing of the courtyard is not a budget item. These projects are being completed through gifts from church members.
Projects we have coming up:
· replacement of all windows and doors of the courtyard – material ordered with hardware
· new step rail in breezeway
· changing over to LED lighting in the kitchen and Friendship Hall
· new ceiling in the kitchen and pantry
· new LED lighting in sanctuary ceiling
· upgrading spot and flood lighting in choir loft and podium
At present, we are working on roof cleaning, drain opening, filling cracks from structural damage, and continuing receiving bids for external painting, and sealing cracks and joints on entrance stoops.
As you can see, your Capital Campaign contributions are bringing tangible and needed improvements to our Church. Thank you for your ongoing support of the Capital Campaign. For those of you who are contributing over time, please continue to honor your pledge, so that Broadway can enjoy first rate facilities for years to come!
~ Mark Riddle and Don Irvan